Monday, August 25, 2008

Democratic Convention, first night

I know that "every good BLOG'er" attends these conventions, even to the point of there being a special place for them. But I am quite new to this, and am thus happy to "attend" this convention in the comfort of my own apartment via mainly MSNBC.

So far, I've seen good speaches by Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senator Ted Kennedy (a surprisingly good speach, based on the medical challenges he is going through right now).

My position, based on this new Political Party I am starting: I see a lot more potential for "Green" shining through Barack Obama as president than I do with John McCain. (In fact, I would consider a McCain presidency to be a disaster, from the point of view of the Green party). I also see potential for influencing the democratic party to get greener.

As for the Libertarian part of this party, I'm content to take my time and develop that part. (As well as to watch the John Paul contingent at the Republican convention, giving him my moral support).

The next highlight of the Democratic convention is, of course, Michelle Obama.

No comments: